Privacy and cookies
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Energy & Utility Skills Limited of 2 Friars Gate, Solihull, West Midlands B90 4BN.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to see any updates or changes to this policy.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website www.eusr.co.uk (our “website”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our service,search for a training opportunity, complete a training record, submit a job application, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- For internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To periodically send you, or allow third parties to provide you, promotional emails about new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. If you are an existing user, we will only contact you by email with information about services similar to those which we provide to you or which you have enquired about.. If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by email only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
- From time to time, to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- To customise the website according to your interests and in order to present our website in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that we already provide to you or which you have enquired about.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about services that may interest you or them
Information we receive from other source
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners or prosepective employers in connection with any services we provide to you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Energy & Utility Skills Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any contract we have with you; or to protect the rights, property, our safety, or the safety of our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Storage and security of your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers which we place on your computer’s hard drive if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to the hard drive of your computer. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookiesby modifying your browser settings to allow you to refuse the setting of some or all cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from accessing all or parts of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes; or
- by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to access information which we hold about you under the Act. Any request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like to exercise your right to access the information held about you please write to, Energy & Utility Skills, Friars Gate Two, 1011 Stratford Road, Shirley, Solihull B90 4BN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.